Monday, December 29, 2008

Master Bedroom

When the Hitchcock's remodeled, they joined part of the front porch and the office/study together to create a master bedroom and bath. Pretty much every surface was stained wood... Wood ceiling, floors, walls... It felt a bit like living inside a big toy chest.

I always wanted a girlie-girl room, and this is the only room that I could really use lighter (not kid-proof) colors in... Steven does not seem to mind sleeping in a pretty pink room. In fact, it is rather cozy.

After the walls were scuffed up with the sander, a layer of Kilz primer was sprayed on. The trim and ceiling were sprayed "Milk Sugar" by Laura Ashley / Valspar. Next, a few coats of "Bella Pink" by Behr. I painted my oak bed and dresser "Chocolate Souffle" by Ralph Lauren. The nightstands were painted "Creme Brule" by Ralph Lauren.

We added a dresser for the TV sit on. The curtains are vintage sheers that I found in an upstairs closet. I found a pink crackle glass pull for the closet light as well. The doorknob for the bathroom door is vintage lavender-colored glass from a door we removed upstairs.

I found an old chair at a thrift shop and painted it "Navy I" by Laura Ashley / Valspar. I recovered the seat in Amy Butler pink fabric. We found an antique dresser at a thrift store which I painted "Sweet Woodruff" by Laura Ashley / Valspar. Pink glass knobs and pink paper drawer liners were added. I made a runner from the same fabric as the chair. Steven took the cheap closet doors down and I made curtains from a different Amy Butler pink fabric.

The brown dresser is being sold, along with the bed. I plan on replacing the bed with a gorgeous flat black iron bed. The nightstands, if not replaced altogether, will be repainted the same cream as the dresser.

I am on the look-out for many rugs that I plan on layering around the room. Perhaps flokart, cheetah and pale pinks.... Yummy...
More pictures to come!!!!









1 comment:

niartist said...

Ooo, love the idea of the black iron and cream accents against pale pink. Makes me think parisian, no? Anyway - I can't wait to see it when it's all together and fabulous - I'm sure it will be inspirational!