Tuesday, July 7, 2009

a place just for mommy...

I fell in love with this Cath Kidston tent:





Camera-phone image of my Country Living magazine



Which prompted me to start Googling Cath Kidston tents and found this:

Cath Kidston tent

My 4 boys have an inexpensive tent we picked up at Target... we set it up in the "dog yard" and let them camp out during the summer. Because our dogs are there, and often in the tent with the boys, we think it is good, safe family fun. While my boys probably would camp in a pink tent (they are very much into pink... guess it is the new "boy" thing.), I was thinking more in terms of a mommy get-away.

I never had much pretty, frilly stuff growing up. Maybe that is why I have began embracing my feminine side with decorating lately... I finally LET myself use pink paint and fabric. So, I started thinking, "Why can't I have a pretty pink tent?" Can't a mommy have anything fun?
I have a couple ideas for a nice "mommy hang-out" in my garden. Why not sew up a cute little tent for it? It would be a nice shady place... could be fun! I will keep you posted on what I cook up. :)

No comments: