Monday, May 11, 2009

happy birthday!


Well folks, last week my two youngest boys and I were sick. Dane, who celebrated his 4th birthday on Sunday, is back up-to-speed... but Bowie, our baby boy, is still not feeling well. My accounting exam is due tomorrow, and I have gotten nothing done around here, it seems. Yikes!


At any rate, Steven is downstairs working on the screendoor, which of course is a bigger project than we anticipated... and I am keeping an ear out for Mr. Bowie to wake up from his nap. In just a bit, I will need to run Dane to his wrestling practice and get dinner served up.

But enough of that, here is something fun. Emery had his recital on Saturday at Baker University. He did a fabulous job on his cello.

Dane turned 4 on Sunday. He has been obsessed with hot air balloons for about a year now. Can you guess what kind of cake he wanted? I really enjoy baking each of my little guys' birthday cakes every year. Dane's hot air balloon cake is a butter fudge cake with sweet cream filling and almond buttercream frosting.

Happy birthday, Mr. Rotten Pants!

No comments: