Friday, February 27, 2009

Bathroom, Phase 1 is done! Yippee!!

I finished the final details (sewing a curtain to cover up the ugly cubby, putting up the mirrors, etc) and am so excited to share the pictures with you. Bowie's 2nd birthday party is on Sunday, so we are killing ourselves trying to get everything ready. (Today's big project is re-doing the kitchen floor. FUN!) See the grossness that was the "before": http://cottageofstone.blogspot.com/2009/01/our-bathroom-went-from-blah-to-war-zone.html

Anyway... here are some pictures. I hope you think it's pretty! And I cannot wait to get started on the clawfoot tub refinishing for Phase 2!

I had to stand on a stool to get this shot of the floor. Up close, you can still see the wood grain and tell it is hardwood, but from a distance, I suppose it just looks like a shiny floor.

Here you can see how the shower curtain and cubby curtain look together.


I was so pleased with the White Ruffles shower curtain. Filmy and sheer. I added a solid white liner.

And here is the cubby curtain. It is a Simply Shabby curtain panel that I hemmed up and hung on a tension rod.

OK... we are weirdos. I decided to skip the traditional mirror when I found these cool circle mirrors. It meets my"Cottage with a Kick!"

Another shot of the mirrors.
Here is the dental organizer. I love it!
I found this little basket for $3. I keep my "daily routine" items in here, facial cream, sunscreen, etc.

This little ceramic basket I found at Goodwill for $2. The candleholder was $1, I just sprayed it ballet pink.

These little tealight holders were $1 apiece. The hanging one was $7.

I just love the faucets. The spout swivels, but I don't know that I ever have a need for it to.

I loved this little clawfoot tub so much, I bought 2 when they were on clearance. I have one sitting on the tub as well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm, can you come do my house now? please?

Helen said...

Everything about your bath is perfection ---- great job!

Anonymous said...

well what a great job you did, isn't it amazing what you can do with just a few changes. it still surprises the power of paint

it looks wonderful, I love the basket, what a find for a few bucks, great work!

Sarah

Unknown said...

What great finds....love the basket also. Makes me want to go shopping.

cotedetexas said...

this is so great! I love the floors and the curtains. the floors are outrageously beautifully!!!!! they came out so nice!

Anonymous said...

the floor really is beautiful. Your did a wonderful job, thanks for sharing!