Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Out with the old and in with the new!

So much progress was made in our "Spring Clean Up" today!

Steven (and Emery) tore the dead plum tree out. Steven used his bare hands. Could he be any more man-tastic?

Here is where the tree was... this spot will be filled tomorrow. I found my new tree today and am going to pick it up tomorrow. Come back tomorrow to see what I got!

Out with the old! Emery (left) and Satchel (right) are bagging up the old mulch we raked out of the beds.

In with the new. We picked up 2 cubic yards of black mulch at Kaw Valley today. It may not look like much, but Steven had to pack it all down here. It entirely filled the bed of our (borrowed) pick-up.
We got the new mulch spread on about half our beds. I will post up pictures tomorrow of the progress on that. It may not sound like much, but I think once you see really how many beds I have, and how big they are -- you will see why it is a week long job!

No comments: