Thursday, March 5, 2009

paint color for the front door and trim!!

I am a little obsessive with picking out paint colors. You should have seen my dining room wall - it has EVERY swatch of pink that was avaiable from 3 different paint companies taped up. Here is the front door, with just a few chips taped to the storm door...

So, I think I found a winner... "Sea Sparkle" by Valspar. The name seems like it should be brighter and shinier than it is... but it is actually a calm, subdued blue. I posted earlier about finding the perfect cotswold-y blue front door...

http://cottageofstone.blogspot.com/2009/01/can-you-guess-what-color-i-will-be.html

It is a beautiful spring day in Kansas today but we are due for more snow next week. That means my painting project won't happen right away, but I am still jazzed about finding the color!



"Sea Sparkle" sample painted on the front door jam. I think it looks great against the stone!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty!!!! so english!

Exterior Door Trim said...

I love that color of blue! It definitely looks great.