Saturday, March 14, 2009

Peep! Peep! (No, not the marshmellow treats!)



We went to our nephew's second birthday party on Saturday. (I think our Bowie is super lucky to have a cousin the same age as him... they are just 10 days apart!) Uncle Shane now has chickens at his house. Bowie really loved the baby chicks. He really loves it when Baby First (his favorite channel) shows the bits about ducks... so seeing baby birds in person was a big treat for him. The little birds were so cute, I thought I would share a few pictures with you this weekend.



He had about 25 birds or so in this little pen. They quickly huddled in the corner when I started taking pictures.




This little one is having a snack. All the pictures are different colors due to the warming lamps in the pen.


While baby chicks are super cute when they are newborn fluff-balls... I think they are still cute as "toddlers."


Someday, Steven and I dream of retiring to a little farm. I plan on an amazing barn to house my various animals (rescued bully breed dogs, sheep, goats, rabbits, hens, etc). It is a nice dream to think about... it seems so far away though. Retirement is sort of a foreign concept to me since we still are changing diapers... but they do grow up fast, right?

No comments: