Monday, June 1, 2009

my cheery, breezy curtains

I have been busily sewing the curtains for the kitchen. Two of the windows will have cafe-style curtains, but this window is a single pane and has a full-length curtain. I love that the fabric is thin enough to let the light stream through the windows still. I leave the curtains pushed over to the side all the time anyway. I used a thin white backing as well.

My goal was to bring a bit of color into the room. (I had blogged earlier about feeling too Black & White in my kitchen). So the pink curtains, with just a touch of green, do make the windows a bit cheerier.

I don't know if you all have seen the movie P.S. I Love You. It wasn't a super-great movie... but I did love the music (The Pogues, Flogging Mollly, etc), and the scenery. And I loved the character's apartment, and a particular set of curtains she had. Per the buzz awhile back on Apartment Therapy, they are a discontinued, mega-dollar designer fabric. I elected to go the budget route with some Alexander Henry fabric that gave the same feel.



Light and Breezy!

No comments: